A club shop for a one off event is always a good idea but be careful they need to be carefully planned or can descend into a mess.
Usually a club will organise one of these for registration evenings, Christmas or an end of season party.
It can take the form of a pre bought gear like jerseys or it can be an event where pre orders are taking. In some cases if demand is high you can do a mix of both. Be careful to avoid getting stuck with unsold stock.
Main things to remember are:
- Plan it as early as possible - talk to your supplier well in advance, identify what products to offer
- Make sure stock is available
- Let club members know in advance what is for sale and when you will be taking orders - Send out a flyer showing each item mocked up with pricing - see the images below
- Give yourself a week to get all the orders in - people always come after an event like this and order some extra items as they couldn't make it on the day
- Organise a particular time to get everyone's orders in. This can be after training, a match or on an evening.
- Make sure you get paid in full up front
- Get size rail of samples so people can try on the garments before ordering - that way no one can say it doesn't fit.
- Finally whoever your team wear supplier is - when distributing the garments afterwards its important they are labelled and bagged for whoever ordered them.
If you want to know more contact either via email at email@example.com or call me directly on 0879731470